It's so good to be back home! I'm looking forward to eating some better food. My sister Margaret picked me up today (thank you Margaret). Everything's better at home. I miss seeing all of you and hope to be out and about soon.
I have to go back to the hospital on Friday for a brief infusion. Then I need to go back in on Tuesday for more chemo that will probably involve a little longer stay than the one I just had. Hopefully after that I should be ready for the stem cell transplant at UCSF.
By the way, that Takatsubo heart episode is now history. I had an echocardiogram on Tuesday and my doctor was very thrilled with the results!
Hi NIna!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you pretty much every day!
It's Matt's birthday today, BTW. I think we're going out for pizza. He was going to postpone his party until he finished writing 8 stories, but I think we convinced him to at least hold some kind of gathering!!
:)
Andrew
Hi Nina,
ReplyDeleteYou've been in my thoughts and in my prayers and I'm so encouraged by your latest post. Stay strong!!!
Peter
Hi Nina and Sam, just checked the blog to see how things are going. So glad you're home again Nina. There's no place like home...
ReplyDeleteLots going on here- my business is taking off and I'm consulting on a bunch of different non-profit org projects. Lots of elbow grease going in to it, but things are looking up in the job dept after a long lay-off.
Rachel, (yup, hard to believe, but she just turned 17) was accepted into both the CA All-northern Honor Band in January and the CA All-State Honor Band in February to play french horn with the other awesome teen musicians up and down our state. She's so psyched to jump in and jam with all of her honor band friends that she's made over the years. Thought you'd be thrilled to know how she's doing on her musical journey!
Anyway, thinking of you a whole bunch and would love an update on the UCSF Stem Cell transplant process- we have been watching these new opportunities carefully, here in the world of type 1 diabetes...
Love you so much and I'm sending along wahooness and hugs your way to bring in the New Year.
Love gev